The Centre for Science Education (CfSE) aims to enhance student education in science, mathematics and engineering disciplines. To achieve this aim, our key objectives are:
- To build a supportive community of practice which facilitates sharing of ideas and knowledge exchange among teaching practitioners.
- To champion excellence in teaching and the professional development of teaching practice.
- To advance technology-enabled teaching enhancements, for both on-campus and distance education.
- To support teaching development and pedagogic research that pioneers innovative, evidence-based approaches.
- To facilitate the development of new ODL programmes and courses and the enhancement of on-campus taught provision through blended learning approaches.
The Centre consists of Technology Enhanced Science Education faculty in each of Schools of CSE and staff who have a predominant interest in teaching and scholarship of teaching and learning.